Browse Items (478 total)

Fomer Welsh Baptist Church 2017 web.jpg
The Welsh Baptist Church was formerly located on West Church Street near Hose Company No. 1. The congregation, originally organized in 1859 as the Williamstown Baptist Mission to the west of Slatington, moved to Slatington in 1891. This building was…

Tags:

Former Methodist Episcopal Church 2017 web.jpg
The Methodist Episcopal Church, organized and built 1869, dedicated 10 December 1869, was located on the southwest corner of Center Street and Slate Alley. It is now a private residence.

Tags:

Former Welsh Presbyterian Church web.jpg
On the west side of Fourth Street above the former Hose Company No 1 building

Tags:

Bethel Church 2017 web.jpg
Corner of Franklin and Fourth Streets

Tags:

Former Wesleyan Methodist Church 2017 web.jpg
View of the former location of the Wesleyan Methodist Church on Main Street.

Tags:

Wesleyan Methodist Church web.jpg
Located on the east side of Main Street in the business district

Tags:

Former Welsh Calvinist Methodist Church B 2017 web.jpg
The town’s early Welsh congregation split in 1859. The Welsh Calvinistic Methodists built this church on West Church Street immediately to the west of where the former Hose Company No. 1 stood. Eventually in 1884, the congregation moved into a new…

Tags:

Former Christ Episcopal Church 2017 web.jpg
On the corner of Williams and Diamond Streets. Currently a private care facility.

Tags:

Womens Club 2017 web.jpg
On the corner of Washington and Second Streets. Later the home of the Slatington Women's Club. Currently privately owned.

Tags:

United Presbyterian Church 2017 web.jpg
Church is located on route 1873 south of Slatington and was formed from a merger of the Presbyterian Church and the Welsh Presbyterian Church.

Tags: